A pun about pasta has gained the award for the funniest joke of this yr’s Edinburgh Fringe.
Comedian Masai Graham was voted the winner with the joke: “I attempted to steal spaghetti from the store, however the feminine guard noticed me and I could not get pasta.”
The Dave’s Funniest Joke of the Fringe award, which was voted for by members of the general public, returned for the primary time since 2019.
Graham additionally gained the accolade in 2016 with the joke: “My dad instructed I register for a donor card – he is a person after my very own coronary heart.”
The comic stated: “It is nice to see the Edinburgh Fringe Pageant again up and operating once more, it is my non secular dwelling.
“I used to be so delighted to search out out I might gained the Dave’s Funniest Joke of the Fringe award for a second time – I believed: ‘That is getting pasta joke’.”
Comedy critics attended a whole bunch of exhibits throughout the Edinburgh Pageant Fringe to create a shortlist which was voted on by 2,000 members of the general public, who weren’t advised the names of the comedians within the operating.
Earlier winners of the award embody Ken Chang, Olaf Falafel, Tim Vine, Rob Auton, Stewart Francis, Zoe Lyons and Nick Helm.
Dave channel director Cherie Cunningham stated: “What a pleasure to be again in Edinburgh. That is Dave’s first Joke of the Fringe in three years and the standard of submissions has been extremely sturdy.
“It is a implausible prime 10 filled with newcomers and comedy veterans, and it is a delight to crown Masai Graham as winner as soon as extra.”
The highest 10 jokes
1. Masai Graham: I attempted to steal spaghetti from the store, however the feminine guard noticed me and I could not get pasta.
2. Mark Simmons: Do you know, in the event you get pregnant within the Amazon, it is next-day supply.
3. Olaf Falafel: My makes an attempt to mix nitrous oxide and Oxo cubes made me a laughing inventory.
4. Hannah Fairweather: By my age, my dad and mom had a home and a household, and to be honest to me, so do I – however it’s the identical home and it’s the identical household.
5. Will Mars: I hate funerals – I am not a mourning particular person.
6. Olaf Falafel: I spent the entire morning constructing a time machine, in order that’s 4 hours of my life that I am undoubtedly getting again.
7. Richard Pulsford: I despatched a meals parcel to my first spouse. FedEx.
8. Tim Vine: I used to reside hand to mouth. Are you aware what modified my life? Cutlery.
9. Sophie Duker: Do not knock threesomes. Having a threesome is like hiring an intern to do all the roles you hate.
10. Will Duggan: I can not even be bothered to be apathetic as of late.